Blueberries, oats, AB, and cinnamon galore- it was like a ghetto blueberry muffin, that just so happened to hit the spot.
I’ve got a big day today- the sun is shining, I have a report to present and what did I choose to do instead of getting up and running along the beach? I slept in. Every night this week I’ve been in bed by 9:30pm and have been waking up no earlier then 7. I have no idea why- but my mind doesn’t have enough energy to fight it so I’m letting my body win this battle (that and with our tapering our runs are becoming less and less intimidating- fist pump).
Back to my kick about why we eat healthy food- I’ve got another list of 5 for you- 5 reasons we should all be eating more blueberries (come on blueberry season!)
- They help to keep you regular- all of the vitamins, sodium, copper, fructose and acids help to keep your digestive system on track
- They are cancer fighters- Pterostilbene and Ellagic Acid combined with the other anti oxidants help to prevent and cure cancers
- They help to prevent heart disease- the high anti oxidant level and fiber content helps to dissolve “bad cholesterol” (LDL)
- Blueberries are great for your skin- they are known to be anti-aging with all of their anti-inflammatory properties
- Blueberries help to keep your belly fat in check- the anti-oxidants have been shown to change how the body stores and processes sugar (also helps control insulin levels)
I know that I’m going to be eating a lot more of these bad boys as spring turns into summer- they happen to be one of my favorite, if not, my favorite fruit of the summer- Just thinking about that is starting to get me excited for all the yummy produce coming our way so soon (I love you summer!).
What’s the one thing you look forward to most in summer? I love produce and camping- and beers on a patio- as well as many other things- but I won’t get into it-